The funding has been, and will be, used to support and enhance the educational experiences of Pupil Premium children across school, to ensure progress and raise attainment. The Governors have made it a priority that many of the interventions for Pupil Premium children are delivered by very well qualified and experienced staff; as a result, a large part of the funding has released senior members of staff to work with groups of children across school and this has ensured progress for the vast majority of Pupil Premium children.
In addition it has subsidised or paid for a range of educational support and enrichment activities across the school:
- Additional focused story sessions
- Enrichment visits to local restaurants, Preston Park, Seven Stories, one to one support, mentoring, cooking and Explorer’s club.
- Additional resources to support learning (Mathletics, Lexia)
- Beanstalk reading programme
- Targeted interventions for reading, handwriting, spelling, writing.
- After school clubs
- Music tuition
- Residential visits, subsidised for all Pupil Premium children (two pupils received full contribution). This enabled them to have a high quality residential experience.
- Homework clubs (Y5 and 6), Easter school were targeted at Pupil Premium children and ensured that the majority met their targets.
- Year 6 Breakfast club- well attended and enabled all children to start the day ready to concentrate.