Parental Support Advisor (PSA)
Norma’s work is to support all parents and carers of all the children that attend Fairfield Primary School.
Her work involves…
- Working in partnership to offer non-judgmental support to parents/carers,pupils, school staff and other agencies.
- Encouraging and assisting parent/carers to develop a positive relationship with the school.
- Being accessible to parent/carers and children, in school, at home, or in the wider community.
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with parent/carers.
- Supporting parent/carers in sustaining and developing their parenting skills.
- Supporting and encouraging parent/carers to access appropriate Parenting Programmes.
- Engaging with parents/carers to promote self esteem and self confidence.
- Offering early intervention and preventative support to parent/carers and young people.